June 20, 2013



csa pick-up: wk 6

1 bunch of chioggia beets (crazy colors–concentric rings of alizarin and white... beet carpaccio- definitely!)

savoy cabbage (of course there's always cole-slaw... but maybe instead... stuffed cabbage!)

basil (I've really been in the mood for marinara: a can of san marzano tomatoes and a fistful of basil... tossed with some penne and a dollop of ricotta... I think I may swoon...)

1 bunch of green onions (well... they're really a beautiful shade of red. I just can't get enough of them!)

garlic scapes (theses are a treat! mildly garlicky... in a fritatta with zucchini!)

1 head of lettuce

1 head of kale

1 fennel bulb (I actually got 2 [shhh...]
 hmmm– shaved fennel and citrus salad... this may call for some seafood...) 

zucchini (I could sautee' them and make a ratatouille kind of thing... but I really want a fritatta... I wonder if I can find some blossoms ...)

1 container of snap peas (if these actually last the ride home, I think I'll slice them up and toss them into some farro with the red/green onions, celery, and some parsley left over from last pick up...)

No comments: