csa pick-up: wk 7
chioggia beets (being the oven will be on for splayed chicken tonight, I'll roast these with some reduced balsamic and fennel seeds...)
1 bunch of carrots (they are so perfect looking... as though they were just pulled out of a bugs bunny cartoon!)
1 napa cabbage (I got the savoy last week– great slaw! this week's napa...
stir-fry!)
cucumbers (I immediately thought- tzatziki! Hmm... I'll need to get some lamb chops!
zucchini (lots 'o' zucchini! I'll sautee' them with a few of the green onions left from last week and serve them with tonight's chicken- the left-overs will go in a fritatta with some beet greens... mental note: pick up some rose'...)
1 bunch of chard (have I mentioned I love chard? So glad for it this week... I had such a good picture I was hoping to use!)
snap peas (giovanna will plotz!)
1 bunch of basil (what a great smell for the car ride home! tomatoes can't be too far behind! for now some of this will go in the zucchini and some on an insalata caprese... yes... I'll say it... with a store bought tomato!)
our csa
our csa

No comments:
Post a Comment