July 3, 2013



csa pick-up: wk 8

broccoli(so fresh and beautiful... it'll be a shame to cook it...crudite' with ranch dressing or bagna cauda!)

zucchini(I think it's time for zucchini bread...)

cucumbers(if I can get the in-laws to serve lamb-burgers for the 4th of July, I'll make tzatziki, otherwise cucumber and tomato salad it is...or both..!)

1 bunch of kale(I had a choice between kale and chard...I love chard but kale lasts for a few meals...)

1 head of lettuce (beautiful fluffy red leaves...big salad tonight with some of last week's cukes and the first csa tomato of the season..!)

tomatoes(the first of the season!!!)
1 bunch 'o' basil(I seriously need some mozzarella!)

fennel(this has been a great season for fennel! I still have some beets from last week...I think I'll roast them together with some onions, carrots and the thyme growing in a pot on the porch...)

1 bunch of onions(see above...)

1 bag of green beans(I'll serve these my favorite way: blanched and tossed with shaved shallots, small steamed potatoes, diced tomato [if there are any left], x.v. olive oil, and a drizzle of sherry vinegar...)

[mental note: stock up on rose'...it's summer time!]




No comments: